The Rocky Mountain Regional VA Fisher House is fortunate to benefit from the time and talent of our local community. However, if we are fortunate enough to have more volunteers than we can use for an event, we will try our best to “rotate” volunteers in order to offer everyone an opportunity to participate over the course of the year.The RMR VA Fisher House Manager establishes the “rules of engagement” for volunteers and the various volunteer activities that are needed to support the mission.
Types of VolunteersThere are two “types” of volunteers at the RMR VA Fisher House, providing ample opportunities for those who want to support the house.
Regularly Scheduled Volunteers
(Full Time) Volunteers adhere to a defined & scheduled time commitment
Occasional (Part Time) Volunteers
Volunteer as needed or when available
- Special Events & Functions: Volunteers (scheduled & assigned in advance)
- Specific Skills Volunteer: Evaluated & utilized on an “as needed”, case-by-case basis
- On-call: Any volunteer willing to be available for ad hoc or unexpected needs
There are a variety of volunteer opportunities at the RMR VA Fisher House. Some examples include but are not limited to:
- Meal Preparation (Scheduled, prepared on or off site)
- Routine Gardening & Landscape Maintenance on the property
- Special Projects – Holidays & Events Decorating ~ 8-10x per year
- Special Projects – Grounds keeping / Landscaping 4x per year
- Stocking / Organizing Kitchen Pantry and Storage Spaces
- Shopping and Errands at Local Stores
- Administrative Tasks & Support / Assistance to the Manager
- General Housekeeping chores
Meal Train is open for Breakfast, Lunch and DinnerMeal Train will be open for Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner. Please go to our Meal Train website for available times and dates.
Guidelines For Providing A Meal:
- Most volunteer groups are between 4-8 people. Sometimes there are only a few house guests present, therefore smaller groups are better. The group or individual signed-up to provide a meal must provide all of the food for the meal.
- We do not judge the success of a meal based on the number of guests present. Guests who do not attend are aware of leftovers in the fridge.
- Everyone participates in clean up.
- Guests will be notified about meals or events through a variety of in-house communications.
- If you have not provided a meal before please contact the Fisher House Team for a brief orientation of the kitchen and the meal process.
Note: Most volunteer activities take place Monday through Friday, between 8AM and 3PM, as these are the hours in which the RMR VA Fisher House is staffed. We currently do not allow volunteer participation after hours.
If You Are Interested In Volunteering:
- Read the Volunteer Orientation Book
- Complete the Volunteer Registration Information Form
- Complete the Voluntary Waiver Form