Many veterans and active duty military undergo extended medical treatment for several weeks or months, we provide a place to stay at no cost to these families.
The Rocky Mountain Regional VA Fisher House has sixteen suites, with private bedrooms and baths. Families share a common kitchen, laundry facility, a warm dining room, and an inviting living room. The Rocky Mountain Regional VA Fisher House ensures that there is never a lodging fee.
The house is operated by the VA Eastern Colorado Health Care System and supported by the Rocky Mountain Fisher House Foundation. The VA is responsible for maintenance, operations, upkeep, and staff.
Who Is Eligible To Stay At The Rocky Mountain Regional VA Fisher House?
Guests of the Rocky Mountain Regional VA Fisher House must be a family member, friend or caregiver of either an Active Duty service member or Veteran.
The majority of our guests have a loved one who is a patient at the Rocky Mountain Regional VA Medical Center. However, Veterans and/or Active Duty personnel may be eligible to stay if accompanied by a caregiver or if undergoing extended outpatient care. Some exceptions may be made on a case-by-case basis. Please call the Fisher House for more information.
Eligibility and Criteria for Guests:
- Guests must live at least 50 miles away from the Rocky Mountain Regional VA Medical Center.
- Guests must be visiting a Veteran or Active Duty Service member who is being hospitalized at the Rocky Mountain Regional VA Medical Center.
- Guests of Veterans or Active Duty Service members hospitalized in a community hospital may be eligible if the care is being coordinated by the VA.
- All guests must be medically stable and be able to care for themselves independently.
- Guests must have a permanent address.
- Only one room can be assigned to a family.
- Only four people are allowed per room at one time (regardless of age/size)
- Rooms are assigned based on availability, yet some priority situations may exist.
Office Hours and Check-In:
- Rocky Mountain Regional VA Fisher House office hours are Monday through Friday 6:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- The house is not staffed on evenings, weekends, or Federal holidays.
- Check-in is between 10am and 3:00pm Monday through Friday.
- After hours and weekend check-in must be prearranged with the Fisher House Manager during normal business hours.
Service dogs are welcome at Rocky Mountain Regional VA Fisher House, but the service dog must be the guest’s dog. It cannot be the Veteran’s or Active Duty service member’s unless the Veteran or Active Duty service member is staying at the house.
Individuals with a service dog must contact the Rocky Mountain Regional VA Fisher House Manager prior to check-in. Only one service dog per guest is permitted.